[Asterisk-Users] linux kernel 2.6.6

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 15:48:10 MST 2004

When using Fedora Core 2, you have to manually grab the sources by performing

yum install kernel-sourcecode

As of 2.6.6, the sources has changed from kernel-source to kernel-sourcecode.

Also, from what I have been told (and I've tested this by building
zaptel, but not any of the other sources) is that you no longer need
the sourcecode with the 2.6 kernel.  You can create a symlink to:

/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/

Instead of the kernel source code.  Apparently that is the correct way
to compile now with the 2.6 kernel.  Please correct me if I am totally
wrong as it is not my intension to give false information (but like I
said, I built zaptel against that, and it works great for me).

Thanks,
Leif Madsen
http://www.asteriskdocs.org