[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream CFG file generator

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Thu Jul 1 12:44:38 MST 2004

Tomas Prybil wrote:
> Stephen R. Besch wrote:
>
>> snip
>

>> This is the install package for the program. Running setup will
>> install the program into Program Files\SachsLab\GSConfigure and put a
>> shortcut in the start menu under "Phones". The sources are installed
>> to the application directory in a folder named "Source".  If you have
>> never installed a VB6 setup package, then wyou will very likely get
>> the following message:
>>
>> "Setup cannot continue because some system files are out of date on
>> your system. Click OK if you would like setup to update these files
>> for you now. You will need to restart Windows before you can run setup
>> again. Click cancel to exit setup without updating these system files."
>>
>> You can safely click "OK" to update these files.  Also, during the
>> install process, if any of the files already on your system are newer
>> than those in the package (you will be notified), you should opt to
>> keep the ones already on your system. If by chance you happen to
>> already have Bruce McKinney's Windows type library on your machine,
>> then you should install the one that comes with this package, since it
>> includes some constant definitions that are not in the original. If,
>> in the extremely unlikely event that you have your owm custiomized
>> version of the type library, then you should contact me off list if
>> you want to play with the sources.
>

> However, the files doesn't gets updated or something else. The install
> process allways ends with that "out of date" message.
>
> Looking at you SETUP.LST the following files are missing from my PC:
>
> [Bootstrap Files]
> File1=@VB6STKIT.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile),,,7/15/00 12:00:00
> AM,101888,6.0.84.50
> File2=OK
> File3=@STDOLE2.TLB,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(TLBRegister),,6/3/99 12:00:00
> AM,17920,2.40.4275.1
> File4=OK
> File5=@OLEPRO32.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister),,3/8/99
> 12:00:00 AM,164112,5.0.4275.1
> File6=@OLEAUT32.DLL,$(WinSysPathSysFile),$(DLLSelfRegister),,4/12/00
> 12:00:00 AM,598288,2.40.4275.1
> File7=OK
>
> BR
> /t
After some research, I have discovered that this is a bug in the VB
setup system. I have been able to duplicate the problem on machines that
are not up to date (i.e., don't have SP4 installed). For some reason,
several files are not updated at all ( in partucular, msvcrt.dll and
scrrun.dll).  Since this program does not need the new versions, their
entries can be safely removed from the list of installed files. If
anyone else has this problem, contact me off-list for details.

Also, there is a new version of the program that fixes several bugs. See
the post elsewhere on the list.

Stephen R. Besch