[Asterisk-Users] Config Files

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Thu Jul 1 12:19:32 MST 2004

chouck wrote:

> Im having a trouble understanding the config files setup even with some
> documentation ive read such as the handbook, maybe im just illiterate.
> Anyway do you think some one can point me to some examples of real
> config files.  Such as IAX, Extensions, and Sip.  I just cant grasp the
> concept for some reason.  If someone would like to help me out, maybe
> even explain one on one?  Thanks a lot

In every ASterisk source code distribution, there's a set of sample
config files with a lot of comments. Find those. A lot of time have
been spent to make these good examples. There's a complete IVR
system in there, echo tests and even sample configuration for calling
to Digium over the Internet. All should work directly after installation
of the sample config files and an Asterisk restart.

After compilation and installation, you get instructions on how to
install the samples.

Also, you've got pointers in other mails to a lot of good example files
on the net.

Good luck in your Asterisk exploration!
/O