[Asterisk-Users] Echo cancellation, when software doesn't cut it. Whats next?

Robinson Tim-W10277 Tim.Robinson at motorola.com
Thu Jul 1 05:39:33 MST 2004

All voip providers will use digital 4-wire interconnect to Asterisk or
similar, so echo problems are much reduced, as there are only 'echo
points' at the far end and your handset.

Using an analogue card will always have its issues if you have
significant propagation delay in the path anywhere.
You will see much bigger echo problems where the line is mismatched to
the analogue card. This will be in most places other than the US, as the
analogue cards only seem to support a 600 ohm line impedance.

If you want my recommendation, abandon analogue and get a basic rate
ISDN line and a zaphfc card.

Rgds
Tim