[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Causing Cisco 7200 Router to Crash?

Alexei Chetroi ast at lexa.uniflux-line.net
Thu Jul 1 01:24:37 MST 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 05:05:26PM -0400, Brian Wilkins wrote:
> Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:05:26 -0400
> From: Brian Wilkins <brian at hcc.net>
> To: Asterisk-users <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Causing Cisco 7200 Router to Crash?
>
> Hi,
>    We are having an issue here. It seems that whenever we initialize Asterisk
> on our network, the router that the Asterisk server is connected to (Cisco
> 7200) crashes and loses it configuration. This has happended five times and
> each time we have tested it, it is always when Asterisk starts up. Has anyone
> else seen this problem? It is very odd because this is a very good router and
> we had the Asterisk server on an exact same router but different network
> before and it did not cause a crash. We have gone through two different Cisco
> 7200 series routers and both exhibited the same problems. Any clues? Thanks -

  I think you should open a TAC case on cisco or contact your cisco
representative. IMHO it's a serious problem, if you can crash your cisco
just by starting asterisk. BTW, have you saved cisco's configuration in
nvram after configuring it. How cisco is configured? is it just ip
gateway or you are using it as Voice gateway? in second case what
hardware: BRI/PRI? what protocol h323/mgcp?

--
Alexei Chetroi