[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID Presentment on PRI...

Andreas Anderson galium123 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 14:23:46 MST 2004

Hiya,

> > Is anybody out there currently able to set CIDName to be something
> > different than the reverse lookup name?  My goal is not to spoof the
> > White House, btw, but it makes a fun example.
>
>Beware the three-letter agencies.  Beware even more the two-letter ones.

yeah, impersonating the White House sounds like asking for trouble ;-]

On topic: on most networks in europe you can't even fake the number,
everything that does not belong to your BRI/PRI is simply rewritten to
the primary number. BUT there is a service called UUS1 (UserUserSignaling),
just some text which can sent with the setup-message. A few phones (like
Ascom or Tiptel)
can set and display this message.

@kapejod, is there a change for a chan_capi that can read/set the uus1
to/from
the ${CALLERIDNAME}...? A lot of (really big) pbxes (Meridian etc) also set
the name
of the caller...

Regards,

andreas