[Asterisk-Users] SNOM 200 question

YO Internet Information tan at yointernet.com
Sat Jan 31 11:19:09 MST 2004

Are you sure that the snom isn't negotiating the GSM codec? I think that
this is negotiated by default unless you have disallow/allow statement. To
determine whether this is the problem,  put the following into the [general]
section of you sip.conf:

disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

As for the choppy sound on VM messages, i don't think you can do much about
this. It's more down to the design than anything. Try putting the call on
mute when listening to messages.

Hope that helps.
Tan
telappliant.com