[Asterisk-Users] Internal Lines Dialing Out

Bruce Marler bmarler at newwaycommunications.com
Fri Jan 30 21:21:46 MST 2004

* Gurus,

I have been trying, with mixed results, to setup an * server as a pbx in my
home. Internal dialing works great, sip phone to sip phone and 1 fxs phone
to sip phones, as well as inward dialing ringing all extensions then going
to vmail. All great.

But, when I try to dial out I run into issues, I have taken a look at the
docs and the wiki and none of the tips have solved my problems.

I have 1 fxs port and 1 fxo port (both digium cards) and as I said dial in
works from the pstn.

I want to dial my local extensions, but also be able to dialout my fxo port
for anything not local, adding a 9 to be able to dial out is not an option
(wife and kids would be all messed up:)

FYI, also, if i set immediate=yes in my zapata.conf i can get straight dial
tone and dial out but that does me little good since i am trying to get the
value of dialing ext to ext in the house.

All help is truly appreciated.

Here is my extensions.conf file

[general]
static=yes
writeprotect=yes

[internallines]

;sip phones and fxs port use this as their context

include => local-extensions
include => always-out-pots
exten => h,1,Hangup
exten => i,1,Congestion
exten => i,2,Hangup

[always-out-pots]

;as generic as possible to allow all calls out other than local extensions
which loads first above
exten => _.,1,Dial(Zap/1/$EXTEN)
exten => _.,2,Goto(102)
exten => _.,102,Congestion
exten => _.,103,Hangup

[local-extensions]
exten => 20,1,Dial(Zap/2-1,20)
exten => 20,2,Voicemail(u21)
exten => 20,102,Voicemail(b21)
exten => 20,103,Hangup
exten => 21,1,Dial(SIP/21,20)
exten => 21,2,Voicemail(u21)
exten => 21,102,Voicemail(b21)
exten => 21,103,Hangup
exten => 22,1,Dial(SIP/22,20)
exten => 22,2,Voicemail(u21)
exten => 22,102,Voicemail(b21)
exten => 22,103,Hangup
exten => 30,1,VoicemailMain($CALLERIDNUM)
[root at asterisk asterisk]# cat extensions.conf
[general]
static=yes       ; These two lines prevent the command-line interface
writeprotect=yes ; from overwriting the config file. Leave them here.

[internallines]
include => local-extensions
include => always-out-pots
exten => h,1,Hangup
exten => i,1,Congestion
exten => i,2,Hangup

[always-out-pots]

exten => _.,1,Dial(Zap/1/$EXTEN)
exten => _.,2,Goto(102)
exten => _.,102,Congestion
exten => _.,103,Hangup

[local-extensions]
exten => 20,1,Dial(Zap/2-1,20)
exten => 20,2,Voicemail(u21)
exten => 20,102,Voicemail(b21)
exten => 20,103,Hangup
exten => 21,1,Dial(SIP/21,20)
exten => 21,2,Voicemail(u21)
exten => 21,102,Voicemail(b21)
exten => 21,103,Hangup
exten => 22,1,Dial(SIP/22,20)
exten => 22,2,Voicemail(u21)
exten => 22,102,Voicemail(b21)
exten => 22,103,Hangup
exten => 30,1,VoicemailMain($CALLERIDNUM)
exten => 40,1,Dial(SIP/40,20)
exten => 40,2,Voicemail(u21)
exten => 40,102,Voicemail(b21)
exten => 40,103,Hangup
exten => 50,1,Dial(SIP/21&SIP/22&Zap/2-1,15)
exten => 50,103,Hangup

[from-analog]
exten => s,1,PrivacyManager
exten => s,2,Dial(SIP/21&SIP/22&Zap/2-1,20)
exten => s,3,Voicemail(u21)
exten => s,4,Hangup
exten => s,103,Voicemail(b21)
exten => s,104,Hangup