[Asterisk-Users] How do you turn on the 7960 msg waiting light?

Bill Hamel asterisk at hamel.net
Fri Jan 30 19:36:16 MST 2004

I can only speak for the SIP IOS load on the 7960's (We're running 6.1 ) but if
you add:

mailbox=7188 at ContextInVoicemailConf

It "should" work

Note: 7188 being the mail box number and "ContextInVoicemailConf
" being the context in the "voicemail.conf" file where the mail box 7188
exists.

Example:

[7188]
type=friend
username=7188
secret=7188
host=dynamic
nat=no
dtmfmode=inband
context=mycontext
callerid="Bubba" < (555)-555-1212 >
mailbox=7188 at ContextInVoicemailConf
canreinvite=no
amaflags=default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
;End

HTH
-b

Quoting Paul Mahler <pmahler at signate.com>:

> Does anyone in Asterisk land know how to turn on the message light on the
> back of the earpiece of a cisco 7960 when a message is waiting?

dangerous content by the Bugs.Hamel.Net MailScanner,
and appears to be clean.