[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail/Playback Questions

Steven Ringwald SRingwald at VeriLAN.COM
Fri Jan 30 17:15:31 MST 2004

We are using a SCSI based IBM eServer x300 for our PBX. In setting this
unit up, we used a backup machine, which
was IDE only.

The problem that we are currently experiencing is that the voicemail
prompts are coming out the system so fast that the words overlap each
other, and sometimes are unintelligable. For instance:

"The person at extension 7-0-0-1 is unavailable" might come out as "The
at 7-0-1 unavailable".

This issue appears unique to the SCSI system, and did not occur with the
IDE-only machine. It also is not limited to just
voicemail, but all files run through Playback()

/proc/cpuinfo on the SCSI machine indicates:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Celeron (Coppermine)
stepping        : 10
cpu MHz         : 951.714
cache size      : 128 KB

... and on the IDE machine:
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 867.418
cache size      : 256 KB

The config files are the same across the two systems, and both are
running the same version.
"Show version" in the asterisk console reads: Asterisk
CVS-01/30/04-19:07:39

Any help that you can provide would be appreciated. If there is any
further information I am forgetting, please
let me know.

Thanks in Advance!
Steve Ringwald