[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk Manager Interface notes

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Fri Jan 30 16:35:22 MST 2004

Hello,

I was referring to the availability of the "ExtensionState" Action (see the
wiki: http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20manager%20API
), even though I don't actually use it.

For my purposes of status of an extension I wrote an updater script, that
runs outside of Astrisk, every second and grabs the "Action: Command
Command: Show Channels" output and parses it into a database so that my GUI
applications can see which extensions and zap channels are busy and what
they are connected to. It's not the most elegant solution, but it doesn't
drain resources and I've been using it for months so it serves it's purpose.

MATT---