[Asterisk-Users] Re: MeetMe Video option

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Jan 30 15:37:03 MST 2004

Tim -
   I'm actually quite fond of the 2b solution in the video conference
tools I've used (notably, Polycomm) where the video switches or
camera pans depending on audio energy.  This could work quite well
with the existing features of "m" and "t".

   A combination of blending an audio-energy and 2x2 matrix would also
be pretty slick, where maybe some callers would be "nailed-up" and
never would leave the matrix, but the remaining panels would
fluctuate based on last audio energy input.  It would lead to
interesting shouting matches in circumstances outside of "corporate"
use of videophone technology.  :-)

   It's a shame that * doesn't have Solaris as a well-supported (at
all? anyone?) platform; there are the Sparc routines for fast video
transforms built into the Sparc processor chipset that could do
really cool and fast stuff for videoconferencing routines.

   So, I'm waiting for the iChat video client software to be supported
via *; then I'll actually invest in the slick Apple firewire camera.

JT