[Asterisk-Users] Address Separator hex b causes callerid rejection

bam bam at cqm.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 09:22:28 MST 2004

I am having a little bit of a problem with BT rejecting my callerid values
as they are prefixed by hex b. This indicates that the caller id is user
provided and not verified.

Does anyone know how I can control where this appears in the cli?

The purpose of the separator is described below:

1 - PNO 006 section 2.4.19 c note states that the hex b denotes an
address separator, to separate the part which is network provided from
that which is user provided - This means that it separates the extension
number from the rest of the number.

2 - PNO008 section 22.1.3.3 states that the hex b dependant on its
position, denotes whether the screening indicator is user provided not
verified, network provided or user provided verified and passed.