[Asterisk-Users] Can Asterisk act like a normal sip phone?

Walter Doerr wd at infodn.rmi.de
Fri Jan 30 02:42:21 MST 2004

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 08:20:48AM -0000, Kannaiyan Natesan wrote:
> You can use,
>
> ;sip.conf
>
> register => username:password at siphost/extension
>
> to make asterisk as a SIP client.

[...]
> > Can Asterisk act like a normal Sip phone and e.g. connect to another
> > sip-gateway?  Background: There is a new german company at:
> > http://www.sipgate.de  (sorry German only page)

I set up an account with sipgate yesterday evening and tried to use the above mentioned
register in sip.conf * to login to sipgate.
No luck so far.

They use SER and I get "483 too many hops" replies back from them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Walter

--
  Walter Doerr   =*=   wd at infodn.rmi.de   =*=   FAX: +49 2421 962001
              "The poor folks who only have 100MBytes of RAM five years