[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 DTMF Problems

David Liu dtliu at scu.edu
Thu Jan 29 23:03:48 MST 2004

Hi Eric,

I understand that both * and the SIP end-point has to have the dtmf mode the
same setting in order to work.  So it has always been dtmfmode=rfc2833  in
sip.conf.  My 7960 have the following DTMF setup:

dtmf_inband: 1
dtmf_outofband: avt
dtmf_db_level: 3
dtmf_avt_payload: 101

What the problem is now is.  OK I get a dial tone after dialing 9 (real dial
tone from PSTN).  Then I dial the phone number.   (I listened carefully and
realize that say if I dialed 21120852 it would end up dialing 2111208852 or
some variations like that.  Basically, when you press a button very
carefully, it may still send out 2 or 3 tones of the keys you just pressed.

If I set to INFO, nothing happens, as in whatever you press on the keypad,
it is not regenerated at the PSTN side

I tried using a Zultys ZIP2x2 and it has no DTMF problems both set at inband
or rfc2833.  So it seems like a 7960 problem?

By the way, we are runing G711alaw and ver 6.1 7960 firmware.

Thanks!
David