[Asterisk-Users] Suggestions for debugging an IAX1 one way audio problem

Steve Rodgers hwstar at rodgers.sdcoxmail.com
Thu Jan 29 22:25:55 MST 2004

Hi,

I occasionally experience a one way audio problem when using the IAX1 protocol
with a service provider. If I call a DID number in by group provided by the
supplier which is redirected to my box, I only get the audio path back from
my box to the phone I used to dial the DID number.

If I use IAX debug, or tcpdump I only see packets going from my box to the
provider when the one way audio problem manifests itself.

I'm using the latest tarballs of asterisk, zaptel, and libpri:
(Asterisk 0.7.1, Zaptel 0.8.0, and Libpri 0.5.1)

I'm trying to determine if the problem is on my end or at the provider's end.
If anyone has a few addtional things to try, I'd be happyto hear about them.

Steve.