[Asterisk-Users] Migrating home POTS VM to Asterisk VM

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Thu Jan 29 15:39:52 MST 2004

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Chris Hirsch waxed:

> Currently a caller can press *3 to leave me a message in my own mailbox
> on the FXS machine. Is there any way that I can make Asterisk monitor
> the line after the machine has picked up and if it detects a *3 dump the
> user into my Asterisk voice mail box but for everything else just let
> the user leave a message on the normal machine?

Maybe try it the other way round, for a two-tiered menu
approach.  Try to Dial first, and if that times out after n
seconds, play a message "press 1 to leave chris a message, 2
for everybody else".  Then connect yours to * VM, and
everybody else's connects to the external answering machine.

--Chris

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
Pronunciation Guide:  Maj == May