[Asterisk-Users] Re: Asterisk and gnugk (bam)

Roger Schreiter roger at planinternet.de
Thu Jan 29 11:05:32 MST 2004

Hi,

I also had some problems using chan_oh323 together
with gnugk.
* <-> gnugk <-> h323-phone

When I called the phone and hang up, befor the phone
was picked up, the h323-phone continued ringing.
The same, when the h323- and some sip-phones were
called, and the sip-phone picked up the call first.
(It is annoying, when you are talking to someone at
the phone and the phone on the neighbour desk does not
stop ringing!)

Now, I switched to chan_h323 and the h323-phone
works better.
The only problem what remained, is that the phone and
* sometimes don't manage to negotiate a codec both
are supporting. But when gnugk is not in routed
mode, everything is fine!

Roger.