[Asterisk-Users] RE: Bluetooth discussions (quick glance to some BT products)

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Thu Jan 29 01:45:33 MST 2004

Hi,

> Eric Bart wrote:
> > There are somes products available claiming to connect a BT headset,
> > a cell phone and a phone land line all together.
> >
> > I've found some :
> > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2079
> > http://www.clipcomm.co.kr/
> >
> > The clipcomm BS-A101 sample price is : $570. It's VoIP land phone
> > that can make/receive a voice call using your CTP cell phone or
> > BT-enabled headset.

What about a simple Asterisk channel for this purpose?
Just plug a BT USB dongle in the Asterisk box and use a BT enabled
phone (like T68i) as it was a X100P card for the GSM connection?
Using the BlueTooth connection to the phone you can:
- dial a number
- get the ring for the line
- answer a call
I'm sure that the Linux experts around here are able to build such a
channel.
This will be the cheaper solution to connect Asterisk to a GSM network.

Best regards,
Dan