[Asterisk-Users] Has Nufone gone belly-up

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Wed Jan 28 16:00:42 MST 2004

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote on 01/26/2004 01:12:09 AM:

> You're right, Jeremy.  I made up the whole thing.  I went out of my way
> concoct a story about how I wanted to do business with you, but was
unable
> to figure out how on your website, so I called and left a message and
didn't
> get a return.  Yeah, whatever.

For the record, I had exactly the same problem with exactly the same
response.  I left one message a day for several days with no response.
When I e-mailed about it I was told that that was impossible:  I couldn't
have called, the number was not on the webpage.

I then showed him the link.  He said the information wasn't there.  When I
went back, he was right:  it wasn't there.  Funny, though, the Google cache
still showed the phone number...

I can't speak about NuFone's service.  I never got that far.  I'm now using
a different VoIP provider.  However, when a person tells me what I have
done was *impossible*, and when I show him how I did it he *still* doesn't
follow up, I don't need to do business with them.

Obviously, it's still a problem.  You would think that when multiple people
tell you that they have tried to get in touch with you and the messages are
falling on the floor, you would do something about it.

I guess they're too busy improving their service to take on additional
customers...

I've held off writing this to the list, but this was just too much.  Mr.
McNamara replied to Mr. Baker with the same brisque statement he made to me
several months ago.  I found his reaction unpleasant then, and I find it
disturbing that others are having the same problem months later.

Tim Massey