[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Iaxclient-devel] Introducing Firefly

Dan dtoma at fx.ro
Wed Jan 28 02:55:23 MST 2004

Hi,

----- Original Message -----
From: Adam Hart

> I believe you can connect using a standard asterisk box but you'll miss
out on the extended features.

It is a standard IAX client or a softphone using a modified/non-standard
version of IAX2?
I have tried to register with my own * box without success.

> The network runs on iLBC so unforunately it won't work with most IAX2
clients (unless you get * to translate)
There is any specific/technical  reason not to use GSM as another possible
codec?

> If you don't wish to connect to the firefly network, click cancel when it
asks you.
When you have setup multiple servers and try to dial a number which of the
servers is used to place that call?
I have defined just one (my box) and then tried to call an existing
extension, but it doesn't work.

Best regards,
Dan