[Asterisk-Users] Zapateller

Steve Murphy murf at e-tools.com
Wed Jan 28 11:24:58 MST 2004

Steve--

I'm using it, with the 'nocallerid' option. I think you are really
wondering about the
"special information" tones.  Remember ever hearing the message:

"Dee Dee Dee -- The number you have dialed has been disconnected" ,

or whatever?

The Dee-Dee-Dee tones rise in pitch. That's the "special Information
tones."

They have a hardware product at Walmart you can buy for $30-40 that does
this, but for
everyone, every time you pick up an incoming call. The theory is that
autodialers are made
to detect these tones and if present, will terminate the call, and
strike the "bad" number from
the list, whereas humans may think the tones curious, but will rarely
immediately hang up.

murf

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 16:31, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com