[Asterisk-Users] Zapateller

C. Maj cmaj at freedomcorpse.info
Tue Jan 27 18:37:12 MST 2004

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Steve Foy waxed:

> I'm just wondering about 'Zapateller'.
>
> How exactly does it work!? I might be interested in employing it at work
> here, but wondering if anyone's using it?

I think you can just put it in your dial plan:

exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,Wait(2)
exten => s,3,Zapateller
exten => s,4,Dial(whatever)

It fakes a disconnected number by playing the same tones
you would get when dialing, for example, 555-1234.  If a
computer was calling you, sometimes they are programmed to
listen for those tones.  No sense keeping the connection
with a disconnected number.  I mean, if the National Weather
Service is trying to call everyone in the path of a
hurricane as fast as possible with information about nearby
storm shelters and emergency plans, they want their computer
to connect to as many valid phone numbers as it can and play
their warning message.

--Chris

--

Chris Maj <cmaj_hat_freedomcorpse_hot_info>
Pronunciation Guide:  Maj == May