[Asterisk-Users] Is there any plans for Digium ISDN BRI card?

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jan 27 02:48:41 MST 2004

On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Anton Tinchev wrote:

> Yes, i know that there are many ISDN card on the market.
> But when i spend money for ISDN card, i prefer to be Digiums, to get all
> support and help Asterisk :).

No plans that I know of, but there's the QuadBRI card from Kapejod, who
has also contributed a lot to the * community:

http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/page17.html

For single-port BRI, any CAPI capable card with chan_capi is the best
solution you can get right now (kapejod will also sell support for that
setup, if you need it). Finally, you could urge (or even pay) him to
finish the zaptel BRI driver for your average el-cheapo HFC-S PCI card...

I guess the issue is that BRI is not exactly popular in the US, so there
is not a real domestic market for Digium...

Cheers,
	Siggi