[Asterisk-Users] AVM C4 with Asterisk in front of an ISDN PBX

Philipp von Klitzing klitzing at pool.informatik.rwth-aachen.de
Tue Jan 27 15:26:44 MST 2004

Hi!

> anyone out there running an ISDN pbx behind an Asterisk server with an
> AVM active card? At this moment Asterisk is connected to the internal
> ISDN bus of the PBX, but I want to control the calls coming in from the
> outside, before sending them of to the PBX.

Can't be of help here - I have a ISDN PBX *parallel* to Asterisk
(Auerswald ets 2106i, 50 € at ebay). It serves the analog fax machine,
and sits idle as an immediate backup if Asterisk is out of service. The
ISDN PBX answers slower than Asterisk, so Asterisk always wins... anyway,
now that I have grown more comfortable with * I trust it more and
wouldn't necessarily set up things that way again, but it still feels
good. ;->

Cheers, Philipp