[Asterisk-Users] Detect Answering Machine in Outgoing calls

David Gomillion dgomillion at eyecarenow.com
Mon Jan 26 08:29:51 MST 2004

I have looked and understand how to create an outgoing call by putting a
file in the spool.  After searching the archives, I came up with stuff about
predictive dialers, but nothing right on topic.

I would like to be able to detect an answering machine in outgoing calls so
that the message will restart with the beep.  In other words, I want to send
a message to all of my customers, and if they have an anwering machine,
that's OK, I just want to leave a message, the WHOLE message...

Has anyone worked on this yet?  I know there are a few commercial products
that have something they claim will do this, but I think it would be a great
feature for Asterisk's outgoing calls.

Thanks,
David Gomillion