[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream 100 sidetone

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Jan 26 08:24:23 MST 2004

dkwok wrote:
> For people who are using GS 101, what do you think the sidetone
> generated by the phone.
>
> I find mind a bit annoying. It has a delay and you notice it as an echo.
> The volume of the sidetone is also quite hight. I am distracted when
> both caller and called party talking over each other occasssionally.
>
> The volume of the sidetone can be turned down using the volume button
> but it also control the volume of the voice call. As the sidetone is
> louder than the conversation it is getting rather distracting.
>
> Can the sidetone be calibrated or adjusted? If not, how are people
> coupling with it?

If I'm not mistaken, what you are calling sidetone (the copy of your owm
voice that is played back to your earpiece - it's reassuring to hear
yourself talk) is actually real echo generated somewhere other than in
the phone. It is a network issue, not a phone issue. Read the many, many
post on echo and visit the WIKI.