[Asterisk-Users] Has Nufone gone belly-up

Don Feuer dfeuer at cox.net
Mon Jan 26 00:15:24 MST 2004

Hi Everybody,

In regards to what I see here, this looks like a whole .com flash back.  I
started a phone company that went belly up (CentreCom, the first Unified
Communications company) because of customer service issues, lack of on-line
information, and a lack of caring for the customer.  Unfortunately, I had a
number of big wigs forced on me by vc's and they placed big wigs in the
company from AT&T who didn't know their head from their a..'s when it came
to customers, nor did they care.

I had to fight to take back control of the company, and watch something I
had built which was world wide, become something of a travesty because the
people in the organization didn't care.

No company will succeed if they do not care about the number one important
thing, their customer.  Sounds like people acknowledge that Nufone has great
technology, but that doesn't matter at all if there are not the basics of
business.... The customer is always right, and always be there for the
customer.  Amazing things would happen when we did screw up, or something
went wrong.... We kept in communication with our customers and would do
everything to make it right.  That was the key to our success (not just the
technology) until people came along who didn't care.

There will be many voip companies that will go bankrupt because they are in
it just for the money, or because they love technology and get to "geek"
out; not because they are there to serve.  That is the name of the game,
serving your customers.... You can never go wrong with that, and if it is
just one person running the whole shop, being there and available to take
care of business in a kind and honest way is more important than anything (I
think so anyway).

I am starting a new co which will be based upon integrity, a value for the
customer, caring for the customer in every way possible (which includes
systems that support the customer), and quite honestly the least important,
the most advanced technology available.

I have offered to help Jeremy in any way I can (I am considered somewhat of
an expert in this area) and hope to here from him,

Any comments if I am right or wrong would be great, as I have learned that I
need other people to be successful both personally as well as in business,
and that quite honestly, I have learned that I don't know a whole lot other
then to care, and work hard.

Thanks!

Don Feuer