[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Indications

Darren McIntosh dmcintosh at optushome.com.au
Sun Jan 25 20:42:54 MST 2004

From: "Christopher Lee" <chris at datachaos.com.au>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Indications
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:49:42 +1000

Hi Steve,

Interesting... I'm not sure! My copy of the original indications.conf had
400+17, and looking at the wiki it's the same there also
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20indications%20defaul

I tested 400*17 and it made a difference, but I still think 420+400 sounds
much closer to it... if there's any other Australian users who have
customised the tones and want to try it out let me know what you think or
what tones you're using.

I have just been thinking perhaps the main advantage of letting the SIP
device generate it's own indications is lower bandwidth use, for my setup
this isn't really an issue, and if I can figure out how to directly modify
the tones in the Cisco 7940 I'll have a go at it.

You'll find the Australian tone specs here
http://www.acif.org.au/ACIF/files/S002_2001.pdf

cheers,
darren