[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Indications

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sun Jan 25 06:21:56 MST 2004

Hi Chris,

Matching the tones isn't hard, if you have the right tools. :-)

Try the free sound editor you will find here  ->
http://www.speech.kth.se/wavesurfer/ Record some of the tone you are
interested in. Then use wavesurfer to look at it. Choose the n-waveforms
view. Left click over the waveform and mark out a chunk of the recording
you are interested in. Then right click over the waveform and choose
"spectrum  section". This will show a spectrum analysis of the sound in
the section you marked. This may not initially give enough resolution to
pinpoint the exact frequency of the tones. Click on the "FFT points"
box, and set the number of points to a higher value. You should then
have the resolution you need.

Regards,
Steve