[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Indications

Christopher Lee chris at datachaos.com.au
Sat Jan 24 23:43:48 MST 2004

I've had a closer listen to 400*17 through the handpiece rather than just on
speaker phone, and I get the feeling that the Australian ringing tone must
have been tweaked slightly, perhaps with the introduction of the newer
Ericsson AXE exchanges?

400*17 sounds familiar, perhaps the older exchanges (cross-bar?) used that
format?

That said, the 400+420 isn't exactly how my current exchange sounds, but
sounds good to me anyway :-)

I'm looking at tweaking the sounds somewhat more and moving away from the
exchange sounds... I'd actually like to get it sounding more like a Nortel
Meridian system, but I don't yet have any example rings to work off to try
and get it similar sounding.