FW: [Asterisk-Users] one way choppy sound problem !

Asterisk Asterisk at team.dcsi.net.au
Sat Jan 24 22:44:04 MST 2004

Hello list,

I've been experiencing choppy sound as well.

The version on Asterisk I was using originally was dated 10/24/03 (I
think), the problem appeared after I updated from that version.

My setup is a little different though. I'm having choppy sound only on
some incoming calls -- from PSTN->PBX (between spans on a TE410) and
PSTN->SIP.

We use Cisco 7940 handsets and we also bridge calls to our existing PBX.

We don't have any trouble with outgoing calls. If a caller tells us we
"sound like we're on a mobile phone that's breaking up", we call them
back and everything is fine.

I've kept rebuilding libpri, zaptel and asterisk on a regular basis, but
it hasn't gone away.

We do have an IRQ problem, I saw someone mention that, so I'll take a
harder look at that problem and see if it solves it.

I though I'd throw this in, because we notice the choppiness when
bridging PSTN->PBX, not just PSTN->SIP.

Regards,
Ben
Benjamin Wakefield