[Asterisk-Users] Has Nufone gone belly-up

C. Johnson javadude at cedrick.net
Sat Jan 24 13:46:34 MST 2004

I don't think Sathya is ripping Nufone per-se,
just trying to figure out what is going on. I'm
sure you would be doing the same thing IF you did
not get a reply, and did not know where to reach
him. Maybe Sathya does NOT know about the
chatroom. Lighten up.

And I agree, if there is a problem, let it be
known to the community. Just don't "sweep it under
the rug" as Roy put it..

-cj

On Behalf Of Roy
> Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 3:23 PM
> To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
> Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Has Nufone gone
belly-up

> I want to hear about problems with VOIP vendors.
Sweeping
> them under the rug isn't going to help.  If its
a valid

wrote:

> S> Folks,
>
> S> I've ordered a new account from Nufone last
month.
> Transferred money
> S> to Nufone through their paypal account. I had
communication with
> S> Nufone
> sales
> S> up until two weeks back. Since then there
were no replies
> to my emails.
>
> S> I am afraid with this kind of
unresponsiveness how one would run a
> reliable
> S> service with this company. Have no bad
feeling with Jeremy as the
> S> author
> of
> S> widely used h323 channel, but my concern is
about the
> company NuFone.
> S> Lot
> of
> S> newcomers when asked for IAX
termination/Origination we
> say NuFone. I
> just
> S> want to record my experience so far, as it
would help
> anyone wanted
> start
> S> with this company. I can live with the fact
that they do
> not have any
> S> web based interface for customers to do
anything with the
> service as
> S> claimed
> by
> S> the website. But cannot understand taking two
weeks to answer a
> S> freaking email. (Well in the absence of
trouble ticketing
> system or
> S> web based
> access
> S> to accounts, email is the only way to contact
Nufone)

> S> I have services running with Iconnect and
Voicepulse etc and I was
> S> just trying to use Nufone being well
recommended in this list.

> S> I am not here to tarnish Nufone name but I
have no option
> but to ask
> S> the community since there is no response to
my emails or
> there is no
> indication
> S> of when my service is available. If they have
gone
> belly-up, well I
> S> can
> then
> S> concentrate on some other company and
consider my money as
> a cost of
> bad
> S> choice on my part.
>
> S> If I am a very rare case who just had a bad
experience with an
> S> excellent company ( I wish ), Nufone please
fix this ASSAP.

> S> Later....
>
> S> Sathya

users

> Sathya..
>
> Ripping on Nufone here isn't the greatest thing
in the world to do.

> I  get  emails  from Nufone as soon as i have
issue or
> problem or if i See  Jermey on irc he usually
answers my
> questions within couple mins.
> I've  been  using  nufone since November its
been Rocksolid
> lot better support from them then the all mighty
voicepulse
> which takes sometimes months to get anything out
of those fools.

> Nufone is great dont be trashing them.
>

> --
> Best regards,