[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk RPMS for RH9 + RH7.3

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Sat Jan 24 12:15:55 MST 2004

Hello all,
	It's my birthday today, so as my present I would like everyone
possible to download and test my updated set of RPMS for Asterisk 0.7.1.
By popular request, I installed and built a set of RPMS for RedHat 9.0,
and in the process fixed a bunch of issues from the initial build. I have
also updated and will be maintaining a page on the Asterisk Wiki located
at: http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk RPM

Current Release
---------------
asterisk-0.7.1-2.i386.rpm
libpri-0.5.1-2.i386.rpm
zaptel-0.8.0-2.i386.rpm
kernel-module-zaptel-0.8.0-2_2.4.20_28.7.i386.rpm

RedHat 7.3
----------
ftp://ftp.nacs.net/asterisk/rh73/RPMS/
ftp://ftp.nacs.net/asterisk/rh73/SRPMS/

RedHat 9.0
----------
ftp://ftp.nacs.net/asterisk/rh9/RPMS/
ftp://ftp.nacs.net/asterisk/rh9/SRPMS/

Changelog
---------
* Thu Jan 22 2004 Gregory Boehnlein <damin at nacs.net>

- added %doc macros
- added %config macros
- updated %install to correct symlink issue
- updated patch0 to include changes to Makefile
- added /etc/rc.d/init.d/asterisk
- added "export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.4.1" for RH9
- asterisk.spec now builds cleanly on RH73 and RH9

* Wed Jan 21 2004 Gregory J. Boehnlein <damin at nacs.net>

- Initial .spec file created. Most likely buggered. Badly needs help.

Readme
------
Asterisk RPMS for RedHat
------------------------
Welcome to the wonderful world of Open Source VoIP!

Asterisk is a complete PBX in software. It runs on Linux and
provides all of the features you would expect from a PBX and
more. Asterisk does voice over IP in three protocols, and can
inter operate with almost all standards-based telephony equipment
using relatively inexpensive hardware.

The RPMS contained on this FTP site are experimental builds for
RedHat and are not officially supported or sanctioned by Digium.
Therefore, support will not be provided by Digium. Please be
respectful of this fact and use the high quality, extensive
resources provided by the Asterisk community for support. Chances
are that all of the questions you will ask have been answered in
the past. Take the time to research before you ask!

While the maintainers of these RPMS have made every effort to
ensure the widest level of compatibility and stability, every
Asterisk installation is different. Therefore, we would caution
you against using these on Production systems without proper
testing.

Currently, these RPMS are being maintained by Gregory Boehnlein
<damin at nacs.net>. Please help the cause by sending patches,
updates, suggestions and improvements to me in E-mail.

Quickstart
----------
Download the appropriate RPMS for your distribution and install
in the following order:

rpm -Uvh libpri*
rpm -Uvh zaptel*
rpm -Uvh kernel-module-zaptel*
rpm -Uvh asterisk*

Configuration
-------------
Installing the RPMS will not yield a working system and to get
anything useful working, you will need to configure Asterisk.
Please review the following PDF file information on getting
started with Asterisk: http://www.digium.com/handbook-draft.pdf

The Asterisk Wiki represents the collective knowledge of the
community and is a resource that you will use often. Please help
the cause by reviewing, correcting and updating the information
found at: http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk

Special Thanks
These RPMS are made possible from a combination of work that I
have done and the excellent work of Tom Moertel
(http://community.moertel.com) for the Zaptel RPM.

                             KP-216-121-ST