[Asterisk-Users] Searching the archives - new engine demo

Kim Hendrikse kim at kiwiclan.com
Sat Jan 24 05:21:13 MST 2004

Hi,

I've placed a demo search engine of the asterisk users archive here:

    http://asterisk.nextrieve.com/cgi-bin/asterisk

I know there are a number of other ways to search this list that have been
suggested and one person suggested that another wasn't necessary but this
engine will do some things that the others can't. Specifically you can search
within selected months and from specific users. Or require a certain word in a
subject. You also do a fuzzy search if you are not sure of the spelling, which
approximates a phrase search.

I'll leave this demo up for a couple of days, if this is interesting to people
and someone wishes to host it I can provide the code.

I've noticed myself that it can be difficult to search the list within certain
time periods. Google simply won't do that. Not base upon the time the mail was
sent.

Make sure you check out the advance features which is where you can restrict
to sender, exclude words etc.

  - Kim Hendrikse