[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk + BudgeTone (behind NAT)

info-lists at robertc.de info-lists at robertc.de
Sat Jan 24 04:45:57 MST 2004

John Todd said:

> Time to dump the Netgear router.  That's an unacceptable answer for a
> router vendor to say "Oh, well, for this MAJOR protocol we're going
> to simply corrupt those packets so they're unusable."  What!?
>
> JT

OR get an older one from eBay.
Sounds like in Netgear broke something in the newer routers.  I have an
RT311 (around 5 years old) that has been working great (knock on wood).
My SIP phones work fine with FWD using an outbound proxy.  Havn't applied
the SIP patch to Asterisk yet but from what I've read that will solve the
Asterisk SIP over the router problem.  Need to do that anyhow in order to
do the ENUM lookup tests.

Had thought about getting a new "Modern" Netgear router but guess I'll
just keep my trusty old one!!!

Robert