[Asterisk-Users] Capabilites of Asterisk

Matthew Branton mbranton at xtracard.com
Fri Jan 23 23:33:09 MST 2004

Yes you can connect inbound and outbound to a VOIP carrier and
completely forgo the need for any t1/analog cards. Check out
www.nuphone.net, and voicepulse. In addition you can trunk together two
asterisk boxes  on disparate networks and split up the extension
mapping, this may be somewhat inefficient though depending on how you
handle it. I think the wiki tackles these questions in a bit more
depth.

Matt