[Asterisk-Users] MGCP w/8x8 DTA-310 and as5300 pstn gateway

Jim Flagg flaggj at comcast.net
Fri Jan 23 20:07:04 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeremy Jones" <jjones at westcomllc.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 12:06 PM
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] MGCP w/8x8 DTA-310 and as5300 pstn gateway

>This one does mgcp...  It's been used in conjunction with a hosted pbx
>system called Centile that 8x8 now owns.  If there's a firmware image
>anyone knows of to make these do sip, I'd rather do that.  But for now,
>mgcp help is what I need.

You can get the latest SIP firmware from Packet8's TFTP server at
4.42.235.170 file name "current".  Read more about it here
http://web.packet8.net/download/

Only problems is, in this version the advanced configuration page with
the SIP setup is password protected.  If you look at the downloaded
file, you can see all the HTML stuff for the configuration pages.  It may
be possible to figure out or remove the password protection.

The other option is to load an older version of the SIP firmware in which
the SIP page is not protected.  I'm sure someone has a copy of it.

By the way, do you have a copy of the MGCP firmware in case you
want to go back to it?