[Asterisk-Users] RFC3389 support issue with DG104S

Zot O'Connor zot at zotconsulting.com
Fri Jan 23 20:01:18 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 17:49, Brian West wrote:
> Its silence supression.  Turn that off and it will stop doing that.

Before I got my mail in I google search for "RFC3389 dlink" and found
the FAQ on http://www.fnords.org/~eric/asterisk/faq.html

Q20:  I'm getting the message: NOTICE[20498]: File rtp.c, Line 217
(process_rfc3389): RFC3389 support incomplete.  Turn off on client if
possible

A20: Asterisk is complaining about silence supression.  It's a harmless
message, but if you can turn off silence suppression in your SIP client
the message will go away.

FUnny I missed that page on my original searching :)

Once I skipped that "error," I noticed the context error buried in the
mounds of messages.  Perhaps the "error" should be reworded to a
warning, or mention it unimportance.

--
Zot O'Connor <zot at zotconsulting.com>
White Knight Hackers, Inc.