[Asterisk-Users] Mediatrix 1204 sip experience?

Ariel Batista abatista at avionica.com
Fri Jan 23 16:18:14 MST 2004

Rich Adamson wrote:
> Anyone had any good/bad/otherwise experience with the Mediatrix 1204
> Sip FXO 4-port gateway?

I have setup a Mediatrix 1204 with there SIP setup.  They work! ??? Yes!
and No.

> The archives tend to suggest the box is not very straight forward,
> and possibly lacks some basic pstn interaction features.

They are very hard to configure.  But on the other hand they have so
many settings that they can almost be your PBX system.  (Note the
almost).

> Thinking about trying one in place of a pair of x100p's (functioning
> fine now). CallerId, etc, supported on this gateway?

as your primary means of getting your lines in.  This will slow the
inbound calls.  It will add 2 rings before it transfer the call to your
system.