[Asterisk-Users] Mediatrix 1204 sip experience?

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Fri Jan 23 14:42:13 MST 2004

Rich Adamson wrote:

>Anyone had any good/bad/otherwise experience with the Mediatrix 1204 Sip FXO
>4-port gateway?

A+ rating for me.

What I don't like about 1204:
I do not have any windows boxes.
The SNMP code they provide to configure the box runs on windows.
I had to borrow a lap top just to configure the box.
I could not even read the MIB's off the CD on my Sun or linux box.
What ever is on that CD really whacks out my Sun and Linux box when I
try to read it.

What I like about the 1204:
After I got them running, I have never had to go back in and do anything
to them.
Every now and then I will peek at the syslog messages.
I have had power outages, many * restarts/reloads and many linux reboots.
The 1204's just keep running.  I really like that.
I has been so long since I configured them, I do not even remember how.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com