[Asterisk-Users] PSTN incoming - both SIP & H323 always arrive in default context :-?

Fran Boon flavour at partyvibe.com
Fri Jan 23 11:39:10 MST 2004

Some of you may remember seeing my issue using SIP for incoming calls
from the PSTN:
http://voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cisco+FXO

i.e. all incoming calls arrive in the default 'bogon-calls' context.

Well, I tried again using H.323 & get exactly the same result (both for
chan_h323 & chan_oh323)

i.e. all attempts to put a type=peer in sip.conf or a type=user in
h323.conf for my host are ignored/bypassed.

Is this a bug?

Luckily for me, I can firewall off the H.323 port to all bar this one
IP, so I now have a workable solution...until I want to extend the H.323
gateway to other devices...

Anyone get host=x.x.x.x to be able to bypass the default contexts with
either SIP or H.323?

Cheers,
Fran.