[Asterisk-Users] OT: Canada's Primus introduces SIP localservice

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Fri Jan 23 11:26:23 MST 2004

> Actually no. If you look at the model number of the Dlink box you will
> notice that last letter M. This designates MGCP.

Ok, that said - primus is pretty bad at technical support since they have
just avoided any technical questions I have had so far and given me a
canned sales response. I have asked if sip is available or anything else,
and asked about migrating specific numbers.

Lets agree for now it is MGCP and nothing else is available - are there
any plans anyone has to build the necessary MGCP client to talk to this ?

Is there any "soft" protocol converter out there which can talk to mgcp as
a client and something else as a server on another signalling protocol ?