[Asterisk-Users] Re: SIP register/auth with Grandstream BudgeTone-100

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Jan 23 09:47:59 MST 2004

Key Aavoja wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem with asterisk and Grandstream BudgeTone-100.
> With default configuration everything works (in anonymous mode and fixed
> IP), but if Im trying to enable registering, it dos not work.
> I used 'sip debug' and verbose level 10, nothing happens if I switch
> telephone on (no messages about bad auth etc). As I understood, after
> switching phone on at first it will try to register in asterisk

Yes
  if Im
> trying to call somewhere.

Registers before any calls are made.

Probably your extension name and registration data don't match.  Here is
my SIP config and a list of the GS phone settings:

[exten106]
type=friend
context=administrator
callerid=<829-3289 106>
username=sbesch
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=info		;or inband if you prefer
secret=yourpassword
qualify=5000
mailbox=106
canreinvite=no		;As long as the phones are NAT'ed

The caller ID only means something to our internal extensions, since the
phone company will not let me set callerid data. I don't think that the
username is needed. I use it because it shows up in the CLI response to
SIP SHOW PEERS and helps me identify the phone. The important bits are
that the extension name (the part in "[]") and the secret match the data
in the phone setup:

Sip User ID: exten106
Authenticate ID: exten106
Aithentication Password: yourpassword
Sip Registration: Yes
Send DTMF: via SIP Info

Don't make the mistake of thinking that the username entry in SIP.conf
has anything to do with the Authenticate ID. IT doesn't. The only thing
that works is to set the User ID and the Authenticate ID to the same thing.

You may find that the GS phones will dissappear after a while if you use
dynamic registration. Alas, this is a bug in the GS firmware(1.0.3.81).
I don't know if it has been fixed in later releases. I am not willing to
update my phones until the firmware gets much more stable - they are all
working and my philosophy is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it - so I
haven't been able to test this. If your phones have fixed addresses, you
might as well specify the IP addresses in SIP.conf and preemptively
avoid the problem of the GS registrations dissappearing.