[Asterisk-Users] 8 lines - best approach

Kostur, Andre Andre at incognito.com
Fri Jan 23 09:40:49 MST 2004

One solution that we're investigating is using a gateway product instead of
a channel bank.

There's a couple to choose from...take a look at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-VoIP+Gateways

Sounds like you want one of the FXO devices.   We haven't actually purchased
ours yet, but we're looking into buying one of the Vegastream 50 Analog
units.  10 incoming FXO ports.  Saves us the cost of a proper channel bank,
and a T1 card for the * server.

I'm not recommending them specifically (just an example... you may be able
to get better prices from other resellers....), but Atacomm
(http://www.atacomm.com) lists the price of a Vega 50 FXO at $2350, a
Multitech MVP810 at $2999, AudioCodes MP108 FXO at $1429. (US $)