[Asterisk-Users] Digium X100P for $43

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jan 23 06:47:10 MST 2004

> When you see 'X100P' cards for that price you can be assured that they
> are either used Digium (who would want to part with their X100P??) or
> more likely (as in this case and most cases) manufactured by a
> third-party.  I don't know if they are technically 'pirate' cards, but I
> wouldn't recommend purchasing one.  Stick to the Digium hardware that you
> know will work with Asterisk.  As an added benefit you will be helping to
> support a company that supports Asterisk.

I have an X101P I'm getting rid of (no PSTN in this house!) -- but just to
clarify, digium does not manufacture their own X101P cards.  The others
(T100P/TDM400P/TE410P/etc.) are actual genuine digium/OSS products.  It
appears that the X101P is just a specific winmodem that they've
standardized on.

I have no issues paying digium since they give full support for these cards.
Buy it outside and you've got no support.  If that's not an issue for you,
buy the cheapies.  I encourage you as much as the next guy to support
Digium but I'm not going to villianize anyone who decides to save some
bucks.  That's exactly what Digium's done, too.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew