[Asterisk-Users] SIP register/auth with Grandstream BudgeTone-100

Key Aavoja key at neoon.com
Fri Jan 23 03:00:28 MST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem with asterisk and Grandstream BudgeTone-100.
With default configuration everything works (in anonymous mode and fixed
IP), but if Im trying to enable registering, it dos not work.
I used 'sip debug' and verbose level 10, nothing happens if I switch
telephone on (no messages about bad auth etc). As I understood, after
switching phone on at first it will try to register in asterisk if Im
trying to call somewhere.

I searched in list-archive and I didnt found that anybody else has this
kind of problem. I read also:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2003-June/013288.html
and I did so.

sip.conf
---------
[general]
port = 5060                     ; Port to bind to
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0              ; Address to bind to
context = default               ; Default for incoming calls
disallow=all                    ; Disallow all codecs
allow=g729

[cisco]
context=in
type=friend
insecure=yes
host=<removed>
dtmfmode=rfc2833

[grandstream1]
type=friend
secret=grandstream1
host=dynamic
context=class1
dtmfmode=rfc2833

[grandstream2]
type=friend
secret=grandstream2
nat=yes
host=dynamic
context=class1
dtmfmode=rfc2833

Asterisk ver: Asterisk CVS-01/22/04-18:13:23

Grandstream ver: Program--1.0.3.81    Bootloader--1.0.0.7    HTML--1.0.0.18

* And as I mentioned before, without registration and with static IP
everything works, it seems, that something is misconfigured in my setup
for authentication or this phone firmware is buggy? (but its latest, I
checked www.grandstream.com)

Best Regards:
               Key Aavoja

/* Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat
you with experience.*/