[Asterisk-Users] CAPI: Early-B3 working with AVM-B1?

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Fri Jan 23 02:44:43 MST 2004

Hi,

I make some more tests and the results are a little bit strange...

My testbed consists of an active card and I used linphone as client. The
results are as described here in my previous posts. But today I tested
with xTen Lite as client... And it works. I take some sniffer traces and
the difference between the two clients is, that the client xten sends
RTP packets to * after resceiving "SIP Status 183 Session Progress" from
*. After a while RTP packets in the opposite direction (which seems to
be the ringing from the far end) are transferred. In case of Linphone no
RTP packets are transferred at all.

a) Linphone as client:
	Linphone		Asterisk
	Invite		--->
			<---		100 Trying
			<---		183 Session Progress
	.... nothing happens until:
			<---		200 OK

b) xTen as client:
	xTen				Asterisk
	Invite		--->
			<---		100 Trying
			<---		183 Session Progress
	RTP data	--->
	RTP data	--->
	RTP data	--->
			<---		RTP data
			<---		200 OK

So is it possible, that * waits for any RTP data from the client?

Thanks
Karsten