[Asterisk-Users] I got it (was: Cisco 7940 with asterisk)

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Thu Jan 22 22:36:30 MST 2004

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Jeff Gustafson wrote:

> > Sure: Remove the SIPDefault.cnf.xml file from your TFTP server!
> > It's not required, and unless you understand what it's good for, it will
> > keep your phone rebooting in an infinite loop.
>
> 	Well, it's XMLDefault.cnf.xml on my box.  It doesn't have the SIP
> firmware load.

Sorry, XMLDefault.cnf.xml is what I meant to say, of course...

> > If your phone has some stale CallManager settings that are preventing you
> > from using it, just follow these steps:
> >
> > 1) make sure you have a DHCP server on your network that will assign the
> >    phone an IP address, network mask, DNS server and default router
> >    It should also assign the address off your _Asterisk_ server as
> >    TFTP server (DHCP: "next-server")
>
> 	That kinda helped.  Now it's pointing right at Asterisk.  The problem
> is still that I have better luck with the old chan_skinny code over the
> chan_sccp.  chan_sccp still puts the phone in a config verification
> error loop.

Did you remove the XMLDefault.cnf.xml?

If so, there's still a load version conflict (although I've never seen a
7960 or 7940 care about the version communicated through SCCP):

On the phone, press "Settings", then 4 for load information.
watch out for the "App-Load-ID". On my 7940, this is "P00305000300". Yours
is most likely a smaller number...

If you have a CVS version of chan_sccp (either Jan's CVS or Theo's), just
add this exact string to your /etc/asterisk/sccp.conf in the device
definition for your phone, ie. something like:

[SEP00010203040506]
imgversion = P00305000300
type = 7940
context = default
autologin = yourline

If you still have the 0.2 release of chan_sccp, I'd recomment you to
upgrade, although you could change the value in sccp_helper.c, line 66 and
recompile.

If you have any further trouble, make sure you mention the App-Load-Id,
because it seems to be an unusual one ;-)

Cheers,
	Siggi