[Asterisk-Users] simple question...

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Jan 22 22:11:38 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 21:55, Jess Magnaye wrote:
> it just came to my mind, and i haven't done any researches yet if
> somebody tried this one with asterisk.. :) well just in case somebody
> or someone on the list aware, i appreciate any advise.
>
> in telco world, there's like 64kbps per channel and voice can be
> carried on a 16kbps channel.  is it possible to configure asterisk to
> make 4 extensions (ATAs example), to call out using single FXO port at
> the same time?  if that is possible, then is it also possible to make
> t1-pri to be capable of transmitting 4x23ch simultaneous calls..?

Your problem is needing to have the same software on both sides, and
your 4 into 1 would have to be going to the same destination as the
telco route 64k chunks.

Of course the question then is if you have the same software at each
end, why are you worring about PRI when you can go full IP and not get
burned on the D channel.